Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

On the Road Again

I'm sitting here sipping (okay, devouring) a Starbucks vanilla spice frappuccino at San Diego Airport. I typically wouldn't order a frappuccino, especially so early in the morning, but they had the samples out and they got to me. Now I am shivering from the cold iciness that's filling my insides.

It's been a couple months since I have flown for work; I've been somewhat local in SoCal since November which has been nice because I've been able to freely attend all kinds of holiday gatherings. But as much as I like being home, a part of me really missed the adventure of travel. (Shhh, I might have to actually admit that I *like* to travel!)

There is something about the independence that provokes me to take responsibility for myself and to act grown up. There is something about going out into the (somewhat) unknown and being (somewhat) spontaneous... I say somewhat as I've been to all these places before. Nevertheless, there's something about being able to regularly visit different areas, states, people, and meeting so many new and random people along the way. Yes, I would definitely miss never traveling again, as much as I disdain packing and living out of a bag (and missing my Tempurpedic mattress!).

So I am happily anticipating this trip. After 4 1/2 years of doing this I have been softened and relieved of my need to have all my ducks in a row and everything planned out. I am sitting outside security, chilling (literally) with my iPad writing a blog, unworried about the broken wheels on and impending death of my rolling briefcase, unconcerned about how I will get from my arrival airport to my destination, and not in any hurry to ensure I am at my gate for my flight that boards in 25 minutes. (Although I can SEE my gate from here so I think I am still a far cry from a Type-B personality... Perhaps I'm just an A- now...!)

Anyway, I just thought I'd take some time to jot down these thoughts. Blogging has a way of lightening the number of Facebook posts I assault my friends with each day, and is a great outlet for the myriads of thoughts running through my mind and my apparently extroverted need to share and talk with others. ;)

Happy Tuesday! Until we meet again...

No comments: