Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2008

God is Good :)

God is good. Need I say more? I think that is an understatement! :)
No, but really. He is good. I was looking over my past blogs, and I realized that He's answered so many prayers. I had been working in Escondido, and really desired to work in Carlsbad, because the hours, distance, and location in regards to my social activities were better-- and look, I have been working at Carlsbad for 3 months now!

And I was working 6 days a week, and Sunday being a very busy day, that left me with very little spare time to engage in hobbies, music writing, cleaning house, etc.-- not to mention that I rarely got to sleep in! And now, well, I have Mondays off! It's perfect: Not only do I have 2 days off a week, but they are right next to each other, and one is a week-day, so if I need to go to the bank, or mechanic, or post office, I can. If I had Saturday off, I wouldn't have such an easy time doing those things. And to boot, that means I don't have to worry about leaving early from Sunday nights at the coffee shop (Jesus Jams, the Christian music night at E-Street Cafe), because I get to sleep in on Monday! Ooh, this is great. God is good.

I've also been blessed to be able to get a good digital camera! I am getting it Tuesday. I have always loved taking pictures, but never really had the money to pursue photography. I used to take lots of pictures with my film camera, but I had an issue with getting the rolls of film developed. I like to take lots of shots, hoping that I will capture a couple things that are stunning and amazing-- but on a roll of what, 24 pictures, 2-5 good pictures is just not worth $10 to develop. And so after acruing a pile of about 13 rolls of undeveloped film that sat and aged for a few good years, I decided I wasn't going to do that anymore, and was going to wait until I could afford a digital camera. Now I can take ALL the pics I want, with NO remorse over film! And that one amazing shot-- I can take it to Kinko's (oh, pardon-- "FedEx-Kinko's") and have it printed (or wherever, but not on my inkjet).

So I just wanted to take a moment to stop, and acknowledge all His blessings. I have food-- more than enough, I have a wonderful home to live in, great people in my life, a wonderful, God-glorifying church; I have no reason to complain. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits!"

And another great thing-- I have lost like 5 lbs. without even really trying; I haven't weighed this little since I was in high school! Yay! Only 10 more lbs to go... :) That might take some exercise...
Praise God, for He is good!

No comments: