Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Summer is Here!

As I walked through the yard today, I came upon the realization that indeed, Summer is here! And it has truly been a long time since I have seen it - Last year it never quite seemed to stick around, and was dubbed, "The Summer that Never Was". But 1 week into July, the pool is up, the AC roaring, and the plants thirsting!

What does this season of swelter hold in store?? Thus far, I have gotten a fabulous new vocal microphone which I absolutely love... I used it for the concert night my church held last week and it was SO sweet - My voice was a bit hoarse both before and after the concert, yet on stage I could sing like a bird... It feels like my mic is an extension of my vocal chords. I love it.

I also recently got some MIDI cables to hook up the electric piano at my house to my computer, as well as an XLR to USB cable so I can use my mic with my computer. With the MIDI cables I am able to use all the synthesized sounds in Garage Band (strings, etc.) and so now I think I have the ability to do a fairly decent demo CD - This is on my to-do list for the summer for sure!! :D

I also had a lot of fun taking pictures at my little sister's wedding (okay, younger sister...) - And wedding photography seems to be of more interest than I previously thought. I may actually decide to learn a bit more on that and finally finish reading my photography book. Maybe one day I will be able to make some money doing it! That would be awesome. But perhaps a long way down the winding road of life. ;)

I hope that your summer too is blessed and full of adventure and exciting new opportunities! Our God is a good God, and (as is the title of my blog)-- HIS PLANS ARE GOOD. ♥ ❧

No comments: