Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Choices, Choices...












I am reading a book by Kevin DeYoung called, "Just Do Something" - And he so clearly demonstrates my generation's tendencies to be indecisive. I'd have to agree I very well fit into that category! But I'm learning and growing :)

I have been thinking lately about the many gifts and talents God has entrusted to me-- I am good at music and that's been my main creative outlet since I was around 12. But I also really enjoy and have potential in art, photography, writing, and baking...

I currently use writing at work (though it's audit reports - Bleh), and I randomly bake goodies to bless my friends and family. I am really starting to enjoy photography, but I definitely need to read my book and get to a place where I can more consistently and intentionally take good photos. I haven't done much with art in quite some time, but get me in an art store for a few minutes and suddenly I'm drawn to it... No pun intended! (But that was a good one, wasn't it?)

I would love to be able to perhaps use photography to earn some money... And I would absolutely love to have more time for music. Whenever I finish re-recording my demo I could send it to a record company... Choices, choices. So many options. DeYoung points out in his book that this is part of the blame in our indecisiveness! Don't I believe it!

But I just thought I would muse on the matter. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?


No comments: