Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

"Where is My Love?"

A poem.
 
Where is the one whom my heart shall make complete--
   My brother, my spouse, my vinyard whom shall keep?
 
The one of whom God said, "It is not good man be alone,
   "To whom I am the helper, and the bone of his bones?
 
Where is this certain one, whose affections I will hold,
   Ravishing his heart until we both grow old?
 
Behold, I am alseep, but my heart it shall awake 
   By the sound of his voice calling-- the sound of my beloved:
 
"Open for me, my love, my dove, my perfect one;
   Come with me, the lillies bloom-- The day is almost done!"
 
He loves our God with all his heart, his passion never dwindles;
   I shall not awaken love, not stir it up a little!
 
Oh, many waters could not quench love, its flame a flame of fire;
   Nothing can be given for it-- All wealth shall be despised.
 
One day I shall be to him the fairest of them all,
   And we shall seek our King together, and His kingdom above all.

But until this day when our eyes shall meet, I wait here for my love;
   The one to whom the Lord has given me as his special dove.
  
  
   

No comments: