Search This Blog

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Annual Update?

Apparently I tend to update my blog in early Spring every year! Or at least the past 2 years that has been the case. Now, how to write an entry without making it sound like an overdue annual Christmas letter?

Life has been going on and on at its usual pace with its usual turn of events. Some more recognizable changes include my boss of nearly 7 years retiring and my work changing from an audit nature to a risk assessment nature. I've also started my own business with Arbonne, Inc. to build a foundation for a good income once my husband is out of school and we seek to start a family. Both professions are in training mode at this point - I'm at the base of the mountain just preparing to start my climb, as it were.

Of political interest, there is going on in the media right now an unprecedented flurry of hostility over Indiana's recent passing of the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. The apparent blindness and hypocrisy over the issue is mind numbingly incomprehensible to me... It gives me a headache. I hope that it calms down soon and people can start to see things through lenses of reason and logic rather than via this insane emotional frenzy...

On a personal front, not much has really changed. I've been happy to be stationary this past month (no work travel), and have been able to partake a bit in some hobbies. This Sunday for Easter service I'll be participating in a vocal ensemble for our service prelude - It's my first time singing in a vocal ensemble with 4 parts (I'm alto). It's a lot of fun and sounds great - I'm excited! Also I was commissioned to draw a picture for my boss' retirement gift, an idea my senior coworker came up with. I don't know if I've ever drawn something that took so much time and effort... It was kind of stressful but once it was done I was happy with the final product and glad we did it.

Well... That's all I've got for now. Until next year, I guess...! ;)
Happy Easter! HE IS RISEN - HE IS RISEN INDEED!!

No comments: