Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Changes, Changes

Life is a changin' 'round the bend! Things at work are like a game of musical chairs-- and I've been transferred to my dream branch! I've wanted to work out in Carlsbad for, well, since I've been hired. But now it's finally available! Yay! No more 23 mile drives to work (1 way), no more getting off at 7:30 at night... I don't have to worry about when to get my shopping done, because all the stores I shop at are within 5 minutes of my work, and I am within minutes of my church and social sphere.

I was sad, however, to leave Escondido. There's something about working somewhere for over a year that makes it grow on you, even if you don't like every aspect of it. I will miss my old branch. But new things await me beyond the horizon. God is good, and He has blessed me greatly in this.

And the band is doing well too. We are co-starting a "faith-based" night at a local coffee shop in Encinitas with another pastor. I say "faith-based" in quotes because the coffee shop owner calls it that, though he asked 2 Christians to start it. So pretty much it will be a Christian night. You know how Christians love coffee shops! I don't know if that's a real stereotype, but I know I love coffee shops, and it seems to me that it's true. We are also regularly leading worship as guest-artists at another local church, besides being participants in our own church's worship team. I am glad to be used by the Lord!

We met with a recording guy (I'm sure they have some sort of more official-sounding title for people who record, but I don't know what his is) the other day. We got to watch a mastering/mixing session, play some of our songs, get advice-- and I even got to lay down a brief harmony track for one of the songs in the rock opera they were mixing! Cool. We may even get a chance to record a little with him in the future.

And, in addition to this fellow, we've met a couple guys who produce transe music and do shows. They totally dig our music, and we had a great time sharing with them and getting to bounce around some ideas. It seems God is really opening up some doors for us to get a good start. May we not lean to our own understanding though, and then get discouraged when our plans are not being realized-- but remember God's timing is perfect, and just "trust in the Lord with all our hearts", knowing He is directing our paths.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will direct your paths.
~Proverbs 3:5-6~

No comments: