Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Ice Cream Extraordinaire

Today I ventured out to make some gourmet ice cream. I had an idea for a cool flavor a few months back, and finally did it! And wow, is it good. The flavor? Dark Chocolate-Ruby Port ice cream. Yummmmm... Take your traditional chocolate ice cream recipe, omit 80-90% of the sugar and cook down some port, throw it in, and viola (voila?)-- some gourmet ice cream. (It was a little more complex than that, but that's the gist of it!)

It makes me wonder though... I didn't put my freezer bowl (for my ice cream maker) in the freezer long enough, so after 30 minutes of churning it was just as liquidy as it was before (and no colder really). So I just poured it in a container and stuck it in the freezer. What I'm wondering, is if putting it in the freezer seems to be the same, what point is there in having an ice cream maker? Speed I guess. It freezes "instantly" instead of over hours... and hours... I'm starting to give up hope that it will freeze completely before I go to bed (I want to eat it, it tastes good!). So, I shall have to eat it tomorrow. Oh well. Something to look forward to after dinner!

Well, for now, cheerio! (I know that's the cereal spelling, I don't know the other spelling.)
-D

1 comment:

Fifecat75 said...

Glad all is well. Just thinking of you.:)